Holistic Health Clinic
What is Holistic Health?
What is Holistic Health?
The definition of Holistic Health is simple and inclusive.
It is your overall state of wellness on all levels of your being: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. It covers the health of your entire being and extends to your resources, environment, and relationships.
Although we've become accustomed to examining and treating each of these areas separately, holistic health or wellness implies the health of the whole. In reality, your body, mind, emotions, and spirit are completely intertwined and cannot be separated. They are aspects of the whole, not separate entities. To affect one level, either positively or negatively, influences your entire being.
The more people truly grasp the importance of the mind-body-emotion-spirit relationship, and address well-being on all levels, the more likely we are to see remarkable healing.
Holistic treatments means treating the "whole" person, not simply symptoms and disease. Mind and body are integrated and inseparable. Our holistic health practitioners do more than just identify and treat a specific ailment. They are trained to look at the various aspects of your lifestyle and health issues, and design a course of treatment to help you reach your optimum level of wellness.
At our professional Integrative Holistic Health Clinic and Teaching Clinics, clients are not passive recipients of health care. Our philosophy is that each person has a responsibility for his/her own health and must be an active participant in his/her own healing. Clients are encouraged to be responsible for the daily care of their health through diet, exercise, lifestyle and attitudes about what constitutes wellness.
Core Principles of our Holistic Health Philosophy
- Real health involves the "whole" person.
- Mind and body are integrated and inseparable.
- The body contains an energy system that underlies and enlivens the physical body.
- Holistic health means treating the "whole" person, not just symptoms and disease.
- Real health is not just the absence of disease, but a positive state of being.
- Real health is achieved with treatment of causes rather than symptoms, using natural and preventive approaches to health.
- Each person has a responsibility for his/her own health and must be an active participant in his/her own healing.
By understanding the causes of disharmony and making changes and adjustments in the energy system, harmony, balance and good health can be restored. True healing focuses not just on the treatment of symptoms, but on the underlying root causes of imbalance and disease.